A re-elected Labor Government would support local tradies by investing more than $1 billion to modernise Queensland’s schools, Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said.
“Our Great Schools, Great Future policy will provide new, modern learning facilities for young Queenslanders no matter where they live, with the added economic benefit of providing jobs for local tradespeople,” she said.
The investment would build 26 new multi-purpose halls and performing arts centres, and upgrade a further 11, new classrooms at 46 schools, and upgrades to admin blocks, carparks, equitable access facilities and security right across the State, as well as planning for 16 new schools.
The $1 billion Great Schools, Great Future plan includes:
- $433m building blitz on new classrooms and administration buildings
- $258m for multi-purpose halls and performing arts centres
- $180m for capital projects at Catholic and Independent schools
- $110m for infrastructure upgrades and renewal
- $50m for shovel-ready school projects including playgrounds and fencing, and
- $20m planning for new schools